Monday, July 2, 2012

July 3rd is going to be a lovely day!

I received a phone call from my OB this morning. And to my surprise she informed me of her decision to schedule an induction for my delivery. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and our little lady is full term and ready to go! The reason for induction is the condition I developed during this pregnancy, Cholestasis. I mentioned a little bit of what it is in my last entry. I've also had several ultrasounds within the last two month in addition to NST's (Non Stress Tests) twice a week. My last ultrasound showed that my amnio fluid was measuring at 27....higher than normal but nothing they were too concerned about. But with the cholestasis and the high fluid my OB and Neonatal Imaging Physician thought it would be best to be induced this week.

So....here we go! I'm filled with mixed emotions. A little nervous due to being induced but way more excited to meet our little lady, Jocelyn Grace. Bags are packed, her clothes have been washed, crib is set, the Best-mobile is cleaned up, cameras charged up and ready. And as for myself, I've had a pedicure done in the last week and I am beyond ready to bring her into the world!!!!

It's a strange thing to think that today is our last day of being a family of 3. This is Jalyse's last day of being the only child. But it's so rewarding and blessed to know that God is multiplying our family, developing Jalyse and giving her the opportunity of being a big sister, and that through the birth of Jocelyn Grace, His name will be glorified!

On another note, I think our kids will always be born around holidays. Jalyse was born on March 17th--St Patrick's Day. Jocelyn will be July 3rd, day before Independence Day. However, she still could possibly be a July 4th baby...if the delivery takes that long. **i hope not though!!!!**

Happy Monday!

No comments: